Why Node.js is a standard for Enterprise Application Services?
By Anuj Goel | December 9, 2019 |
Well, we have all the answers to your questions. All you need is to get ready to adopt Node.js as the programming language for your next enterprise application development. 🙂 Let’s get started.
What is Node.js?
Advantages of using Node.js:
- It makes developing real time apps easily.
- It makes cost effective software development solutions
- It makes code run faster in comparison to any other programming language
- Applications build on Node.js has higher performance and productivity in comparison to apps written in other languages.
- Node.js when combined with microservices opens a door to a new world of software development.
Apart from being a platform for web application development, Node.js is used for application modernization, Big data/Analytics, enterprise app development and IoT solutions. But here the question still remains the same “What makes Node.js so much suitable for such robust solutions development?”
Node.js for Enterprise Application Development
However, it’s hard to neglect the power of Java for enterprise application development. Node.js has the potential to replace Java for good, taking its throne for the most promising enterprise app development language. Below are the benefits of adopting Node.js for your app development.
- Large NPM Registry: NPM is an acronym for Node.js Package manager. The Node.js ecosystem is quite rich with approximately 1029658 modules available as of now and approximately 822 more added every day. These modules are easily available on GIthub and is available to use by developers for free. With such a huge number of tools available for free use Their is no doubt in saying that Node.js will stay in the race for a longer period of time.
- Microservice based Architecture: Node.js, the light weight technology tool when combined with microservice architecture forms a perfect combination for better performance, less code and efficient deployment. Microservice architecture is adopted by big giants for better flexibility and further growth. Apart from creating a single, huge monolithic architecture enterprises are more focused on dividing it into small chunks, each running its own process and allowing quick integration of additional features with basic app functionality.
- Reduces Overall Development Costs: Since, Node.js is highly scalable it reduces the number of servers required to host the application, resulting in cost depression.
- Happy Developers and Talent Retention: Delighted Developers want to keep themselves updated with new technological trends and happy to code in a language that allows them to learn quickly and increases their productivity and satisfaction and thus can be retained for a longer time.
- Rapid Innovation and Delivery: Innovation and delivery speed are the two key attributes that derive the growth of an organization. Such situations require an instant reaction to end-user requirements, Node.js allows you to incorporate end-user feedback easily to your web application and update changes whenever required.
Select which Node MVC framework best suits your business requirement
When planning to use Node.js for your next web application development , it’s become important to select which MVC framework to opt for as it decides the fundamental pieces for designing an application. MVC is an acronym for Model-View-Controller. In this pattern, application and its development are divided into three interconnected parts allowing efficient code reuse and simultaneous development of the application. The top five MVC framework under consideration are Meteor.js, Express.js, Sail.js,Derby.js and SocketStream.
- Meteor.js: It is a more lightweight and a little less flexible framework as compared to others on the stage and is an excellent choice for the development of smaller, reactive applications on the Node.js platform.
- Express.js: Express.js or simply Express is a flexible, minimalist web framework for Node.js. It provides a robust set of features for web and mobile applications. It will be a perfect choice for you if you are planning to build single-page, multi-page, and hybrid web applications.
- Derby.js: Suitable for developing real-time, collaborative applications that can run in both Node.js and browsers. It automatically synchronizes data among servers, browsers and a database by the use of a powerful engine called Racer.
- SocketStream: It is a new breed of web framework suitable for the development of real-time web applications.
I will wrap by saying everything boils down to your business needs and your developer capabilities, Node.js cannot replace other programming languages in the stack but it has the proven ability to make its place for the enterprise application development services and has the potential to hold its position for at least not less than a decade. But as the software development industry continues to evolve, it is required to keep up with the changes in order to compete and get benefited out of the latest technology trends and Node.js is the way to go!!!!
From The Author Dairy
7 Effective Ways To Optimize Your WordPress Site Performance
WordPress is the widely used powerful CMS and owns nearly 60% of market share across the globe helps to drive a range of business solutions and ensur.....
Read More ⟶
6 SaaS Trends to Look Out for In 2020
Over the past few years, there has been a massive growth in availing the SaaS Development Services, as it has become a feasible choice for businesses.....
Read More ⟶
AWS vs Heroku– Which Cloud Platform Suits your Business
Cloud computing is currently the most trending topic in the IT industry. Regardless of whether you are just migrating to the cloud, storing files on .....
Read More ⟶